Thursday, April 06, 2006

Inappropriate for some people

This is a just a little something I wrote in my down time. Something I had been meaning to write for years, just finally got around to doing it.

NOTE: The title is fitting. If you don't like rough language or certain themes, I would suggest not reading it. If it doesn't bother you, go ahead and enjoy. And if you read it anyway and don't like that kind of stuff, don't say I didn't warn you.



After seven years of marriage,
I could tell she was cheating on me.
I confronted her and told her,
"How could you let this be?"
What she said next still haunts me.
"I didn't mean to be unkind.
My love doesn't have your equipment.
She has a body like mine."

My wife, she left me for a woman.
Oh, how hard can this be?
I never saw this comin'.
How could she do this to me?
I'm not mad that she left,
But this kinda screwed up my life.
Someone commited a spousal theft,
When a woman stole my wife.

This shouldn't be such an amazement.
It really shouldn't rock my world.
She used to listen to Etheridge,
k.d. lang and the Indigo Girls.
She wore a lot of flannel.
She was the stereotypical dyke.
Her name was Michelle,
but she preferred to be called Mike.

It hurt me that the woman I loved,
Didn't want me anymore.
Wouldn't stand for a man to touch her,
Only the feel of a woman was yearned for.

No comments: