Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Another Long Boring Day

I sometimes wonder why I decided to go back to school. Well, not really back since I've never really left, but you know what I mean. I forgot how stressful it was between tests and papers and homework due, plus the fact I have to work with others. Just ask my Mom, I'm sure I had many report cards from school that had written or marked on them somewhere "Does not play well with others." I'm still that way. When it comes to doing work, I want to be in charge and don't want to explain it. How I ever was able to teach college astronomy, I'll never know.

On a good note, however, I was able to visit Mimi and her family this past weekend. The older one wanted to play a board game with me on Friday, and I was gracious enough to accept her offer. The younger one wanted to play, too, so we all did. The younger child decided to cheat and then didn't do it very well. The older one was kicking our rear-ends (which I decided I let her do...but in reality, I'm sure she was not having a problem winning anyway. I have to be the good uncle, now don't I?) Halfway through the game, the younger one decided she no longer wanted to play...and this went on for a while. Don't get me wrong, I love them to death, but I am so not used to being around kids, and I just had enough. I now know that I am not jealous of everyone because I don't have any children. I am just not ready for them. I know, I know, no one ever is, but I'm really not. I really enjoy having my freedom right now. Now, if I could find the right woman to be my warden, I'll get over having that sort of freedom.

And shocks of shocks, I have yet to find her. Of course, I'm not really looking at the moment. I have too much on my plate at the moment even to attempt any sort of relationship. I say that now, and then next thing you know, there will be another thing to juggle.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Kids start out differently. By the time they get to the age of M's kids, you've gotten used to them.

It's nice to see that you've updated!