Friday, February 24, 2006

Reading

I am amazed at how much I can read while I'm riding the bus to school. I used to hate taking the bus, but that was before I started reading on it. In the past two months, I've read three or four books. That may not sound like a lot, but you have to remember that I'm also going to school for an engineering degree full time, and the only time I read right now is while I'm on the bus. I read a book Mom said she could not get into, 1776, but I loved it. If you haven't read it, it's about 1776 during the American Revolution and written based on letters and correspondences of the major (and some minor) players during that year. Right now, I'm reading Ireland by Frank Delaney. It's a pretty good book, too. I have some more books to read before I head back to the book store, so I'm being good and not browsing...yet. I have this tendency to buy books when I have plenty at home that I haven't read yet. I'm down to six that I haven't read yet, but two of them are sequels to books I haven't read yet. I'll probably have to hit the book store when the summer starts. I'll have more time to read then.

Alright, I've taken enough time off from doing homework. Time to tackle Environmental Engineering and drinking a Dunkel. After Tuesday, I won't be able to drink any more beer. I am giving up both caffeine and alcohol for Lent, which I'm not sure is such a good idea. First of all, I work in a bar. Secondly, Saint Patrick's Day is during Lent and I typically like to party on that day. But I'm going to be good. Wish me luck.

No comments: