Monday, January 16, 2006

Today's Game

Just got home from work. Long day. The place I work was broken into this morning. Lovely.

Watched today's AFC Division Playoff game. That game was very nerve racking near the end. The Steelers looked like they had the game in hand as they went up 21-3. But the Colts came back to within 3 with about 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter. The Steelers were able to hold the Colts with about 1:20 left in the game and had the ball at the Colts 2-yard line. Figure this game was over, right? Nopers. Bettis tried to push the ball into the endzone and fumbled the ball. Picked up by the Colts defender who was stabbed in the knee by his wife on Saturday who took it down field. Only an amazing tackle by big Ben Roethlisberger kept the guy from rumbling into the endzone. I was getting so nervous, and the Steelers aren't even my favorite team. I like them enough, but they aren't the Chiefs. Well, next thing I know, the Colts have the ball in field goal range with time winding down and their clutch kicker ready to knock it through the uprights. I wasn't watching the play at the time, as I was either getting something to eat or getting ready for work or something. Anyway, I hear the announcers saying the ball is up so I rushed into the living room to see the kick. Wide right. Steeler fans (and myself, too) all breathe a sigh of relief. Next week, the Steelers are going to Denver for the right to go to Detroit and beat the NFC Champion in the SuperBowl. Great game, and even better that the Steelers came out on top.

Not only did the Steelers win, but the Pitt Panthers kept their undefeated season alive by beating the Louisville Cardinals in Louisville. If they are not in the top ten Monday, there is something seriously long with the voting process.

Alright, I've rambled long enough. Time to go to bed. But I leave you this one thought. Five weeks till Pitchers and Catchers report to spring training. Go Royals!!!!!

No comments: