Friday, January 27, 2006

Looking for a Job

For the first time in my life, I'm going to try to get a job that I can actually use my degrees in! Sure, teaching college I had to use my degree, but this will be a job that I'm applying something I learned to something physical, and not to impart knowledge of astronomy to students that will probably forget most of it the minute they take the final exam. It will be different to get paid as an engineer. Sure, it will only be an internship (for now), but it won't be bartending or working in a restaurant. I wouldn't mind teaching college astronomy again, though when I have more time. Right now, I don't think I could handle being an instructor as well as taking 15 or 16 credits. Maybe when I'm done.

Well, I just finished dinner (leftover lemon chicken, rice and vegetables - no, not from scratch, but I did make them myself) and I probably should get back to doing homework...on a Friday night... Man, I think I need to get a life.

1 comment:

Kate said...

You mean I'm supposed to have a life?
I personally like school, and that's probably why I'm still teaching and contemplating grad school yet again.

Good luck with the degree.