Friday, May 12, 2006

Ahhh...the Weekend!

I'm so glad the weekend is here. It means I can sleep in on Saturday (Yay!). Of course, now that means 8:30 or 9 AM, but that's an extra two hours or so of sleep for me. I'll take it.

Right now, I have two weeks under my belt at the summer employment, and so far, I'm still loving it. I'm working mostly in the lab doing lab work (which I love), and once in a while, I get to go out in the field, doing some field testing of concrete. The point of this job (besides money, which is always good as it pays the bills...literally), is for the experience. This will look so good on my resume. And it does help that I am having fun. I still feel like a slacker when I come home as I don't really have anything to do when I'm here, but that will end next week. I start my summer class on Tuesday evening, Steel Structures. Sounds exciting, doesn't it? Hey, it is an important thing for me to learn. Heck, even though I'll have a degree in Civil Engineering with an emphasis on structures, I might not even end up working in that field. I really do like this geotechnical stuff I'm doing. I'm not switching because I do not want to take another year or so to finish. I'm getting older and I don't want to be in my mid-thirties by the time I'm finished. At this point, I'll be 32 next spring when I finish all the work for the BS, and I think that is too old to be going to school full time, especially when I'm ready to get married and have children. And no, this does not mean I've met someone that I am ready to marry, but you never know what will happen.

Hopefully, I have a date tonight, so I'm going to relax a bit and watch a little television. Have a good one, y'all.

2 comments:

Maggie said...

so, how'd it go?

Pat said...

It didn't happen...and it won't either.